- Town: Tullow (Co. Carlow)
- Address: Tullow Livestock Sales Ltd
- Webpage: Tullow Mart
01/02/2019 - Tullow Cattle Mart Report
Tullow mart report Friday 1st February 2019.
Female show & sale started off to a snowy and frosty start this morning but thankfully the trade warmed up from the word go and we met with a steady selling trade for all cows and heifers presented however maybe not all out as sharp as the bullock sale the previous Friday.
The lighter FR type cul cows selling from €1 per kg up to €200 with the kg for fleshed type FR with the finished heavy type FR cow up to €400 with the kg while we saw the young continental cows selling from €250 to €500 with the kg with some aged continentals selling from €150 with the kg. The heavier continental cows sold up to a tops today of €800 to €950 with the kg. 1 cow 815kg making €1540 with some exceptional BB type cows meeting a very lively trade 1 cow 690kg making €1800 another cow 785kg making €1780 another big continental cow 725kg making €1820. The champion heifer of the day 760kg sold for an exceptional price of €3000 and set the ring afire.
We saw a steady trade throughout the day for a large presentation of beef heifers with over 250 head of beef heifers on offer again the prices resembling from €800 to €1000 with the kg for the majority with some exceptional lots breaking ranks up to €1200 given with the kg . 1 BB heifer 650kg making €1840.
The lighter store heifers good lot of feedlot custom around the ring noticed here from locals and northern trade with a trade resembling from €1.90 to €2 per kg for the HE and AA with the nice continental heifers selling from €2.10 to €2.40 with some exceptional lots pushing up to €2.75 per kg with one or two lots breaking €3 for exporting market.
In the weanling heifer section we saw lighter heifers selling from €2.10 to €2.60 per kg with a very lively trade for the nice well presented red LM yellow CH types.
Overall a full clearance today in Tullow the weather left us with a slow start but a steady trade throughout the day.
Show & Sale of Beef & Store Heifers & Cows Friday 1st February 2019
Best Factory type cow.
- Owen O Neill, Coolnacuppogue, Bagenalstown, Co. Carlow. NS
- Patrick Brennan, Ballinkillen, Bagenalstown, Co. Carlow. 840kg €1520
- John Kehoe, Williamstown, Rathvilly, Co. Carlow. 775kg €1340
Best 2 or more fat heifers.
- Frank Buggie, Ballyrider, Stradbally, Co. Laois. 732kg €1670
- Frank Buggie, Ballyrider, Stradbally, Co. Laois. 614kg €1320
- David Rothwell, Barnahask, Bunclody, Co. Wexford. 702kg €1570
Best fat heifer.
- Joseph Lacey Jnr, Luggacurran, Portlaoise, Co. Laois. 760kg €2320
- Owen O Neill, Coolnacuppogue, Bagenalstown, Co. Carlow. 740kg €3000
- John Brophy, Roscatt, Tullow, Co. Carlow. 775kg €1840
Best group of two or more store heifers.
- Ita & Andrew Kinsella, Johnstown, Bennekerry, Co. Carlow. 653kg €1470
- Ita & Andrew Kinsella, Johnstown, Bennekerry, Co. Carlow. 680kg €1550
- John W Jackson, Borklebeg, Kiltegan, Co. Wicklow. 525kg €1230
Best store heifer.
- John Gahan, Boley Heights, Shillelagh, Co. Wicklow. 505kg €1260
- John Nolan, Bendenstown, Rathoe, Co. Carlow. 365kg €1060
- John Nolan Bendenstown, Rathoe, Co. Carlow. NS
Best weanling heifer.
<>1Donal Deegan, Minmore, Shillelagh, Co. Wicklow. 335kg €825