Embrace FARM the support network for those affected by farm accidents hosted its 5th Ecumenical Remembrance Service in the Church of the Most Holy Rosary in Abbeyleix County Laois last Sunday 24th June 2018 at 2.00pm.
The impressive and very meaningful service was led by Catholic Bishop, Denis Nulty and the Church of Ireland, Canon Harvey along with other Church of Ireland and Roman Catholic clergy.
It is was well supported by farming organisations and agribusiness personnel from DAFM, HSA, HSENI, ICMSA, ICSA, FRS Networks, IFA, Teagasc, UFU, YFCU and by politicians, and relatives of 140 bereaved families from all over Ireland.
After the service the large attendance were treated to finger food and light refreshments (sponsored) in the local Abbeyleix Manor hotel.
The Agri VIP’s on the day included the following:
- Minister for Agriculture & Food , Michael Creed TD;
- Mairead McGuinness MEP & Vice President of the European Parliament.
- An Taoiseach’s Aide-De-Camp Captain Larry Scallan;
- Bishop Denis Nulty, Bishop of Kildare & Leighlin
- Canon Patrick Harvey, Church of Ireland.
- Irish Creamery Milk Suppliers’ Association (ICMSA) president Pat McCormack;
- Irish Cattle and Sheep Farmers’ Association (ICSA) president Patrick Kent;
- Ulster Farmers’ Union (UFU) president Ivor Ferguson;
- Ulster Young Farmers’ Clubs (UYFC) president James Speers;
- Irish Farmers’ Association (IFA) director general Damian McDonald;
- Pat Griffin, Senior Inspector, Health & Safety Authority
- Keith Morrison, Chief Executive, Health & Safety Executive of Northern Ireland
- Peter Byrne, CEO of FRS Networks
- Former Irish Rugby international John Hayes;
- Aidan O’Driscoll, Secretary General, Department of Agriculture;
- John McNamara, Health & Safety Specialist, Teagasc.
- Larry Goodman, AB P Food group owner
Embrace FARM was represented by co-founders Norma & Brian Rohan and the voluntary board of directors
who give their time freely in the development of the organisation with Norma and Brian.
Details of the board are on their updated and much improved website (sponsored) at https://embracefarm.com/about-embrace-farm-2/
A number of sponsored events are also be organised during each year for widows and children from the bereaved families.
HSA.jpg: Pictured L2R are Pat McCormack, President of ICMSA, Minster for Agriculture & Food, Michael Creed TD, Mairead McGuinness MEP with Pat Griffin, Senior Inspector Health & Safety Authority and Keith Morrison, CEO of Health Service Executive Northern Ireland.
IFA.jpg: Pictured L2R are Brian Rohan, Embrace Farm, Ivor Ferguson, UFU President, Caroline Farrell, Chair of IFA Family Farm Committee, Pat Griffin, Senior Inspector Health & Safety Authority, Keith Morrison, CEO of Health Service Executive Northern Ireland,
Hayes.jpg: Pictured L2R are John Hayes, Munster rugby icon & Hereford breeder, Pat Griffin, Senior Inspector Health & Safety Authority, Mairead McGuinness MEP, Norma Rohan, founder of Embrace Farm with Ivor Ferguson, UFU President